Thursday, April 25, 2013

Our Kitchen Part 4

I wanted to share these beautiful shallow bowls I just got at the thrift store.


I love brown and white transferware and these bowls only cost $1.50 for both!








As I was taking these pictures I realized I have yet to show you the other end of our kitchen. With all the sunshine coming in I thought what better day to do so?




The upper cabinet pictured is one of the cabinets we got from my parents when they got new ones. They were solid wood doors but my mom had my dad put the glass in them years ago so that she could see all of her dishes. As a young girl I never would have known that some day I would be looking at my very own dishes through those doors.


Neal built the open shelving next to it for all of our many white bowls (what can I say? I love white bowls).



The bread box holds all of my baking supplies and cake/cookie decorating items. The old beverages crate holds our snack foods and keeps them out of sight. The things I use daily I keep right on the counter, if they are pretty that is.




On the days that it hasn't been nice enough to work outside I have been busy getting things ready for our Tag Sale on May 11th. I have been going through all of my cupboards and bins in the attic and I have SO much stuff that I am hoping to sell! The Tag Sale will be May 11th at Stewart Hall (218 Mercer St. Harmony PA 16037) in Harmony PA starting at 9 AM. 


Hope you enjoyed the last part of our kitchen, have a great day!

25 comments:

  1. Those transferware bowls were such a great find! They are beautiful and such a great price!
    I always love seeing pictures of your beautiful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your kitchen , and like you upper kitchen cabinets that use to be your mom's.
    when I updated my old vintage kitchen a few years ago I had glass put in my cabinets also

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great find on those bowls! You seem to sniff out the best stuff! Your kitchen just makes me sigh. Perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new bowls are so pretty. I love your coutertops and backsplash. I would love to do something simliar someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love everything.
    Lisa
    Leeshideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your house - it is adorable! Your kitchen is a perfect blend of rustic and white, my favorite! Thanks so much for letting us peek (and drool) at everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the transferware bowls.. Your kitchen is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just found your blog and I absolutely LOVE IT- I have spread the word on facebook about it, your style is right up my alley~ Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently stumbled upon your blog and I totally fell in love, your style is by far the most (farmhouse looking) I have seen!! I absolutely love your home and are a wee bit jealous of your farmhouse that I so long for!!! I look forward to seeing all your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also just recently found your blog and have to agree with the posters above. I love the simplicity of your style. I like how you use the vintage finds to hide everyday items.

    Those bowls were quite the find. Our thrift stores have really gotten unreasonable in their pricing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love to get to your tag sale. I live in Erie County.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to come to your tag sale also! Can you email me with details? I am buddies with Mary @ Neat and Tidy and we will love to attend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I edited the last post with the details! Would love if you could make it!

      Delete
  15. Simply beautiful! A nice drool while eating breakfast! I just have to ask - where did you get the jars on your counter with the white lids on them? Love them. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got those at Gabriels, not sure if you have one but I get so many great things there!

      Delete
  16. Hi Megan,
    I love visiting here are looking at your beautiful home. Just typed the Stewart Hall address into map quest and it is only 55 miles.
    We live in Mononahela.
    Maybe I can talk my husband into going for a little ride on May 11. :)
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your finds...they always look so beautiful in
    your home. I think I see a moo cow over your refrigerator...
    it looks great! Your photos are great...your home should
    be featured in a magazine!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your kitchen and those brown transferware bowls are
    fantastic. Cannot believe the price!
    Oh how I wish I could attend your tag sale....Indiana is a bit too far. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do so love your kitchen. So gorgeous!

    Good luck with the tag sale.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your kitchen has so much charm- I love it! Neal did a great job on the open shelving and I really admire your collection of bowls. The transfer ware ones were a great find and price as well.

    ReplyDelete