Friday, April 12, 2013

Get To Big Lots!

Head to your Big Lots if you like industrial/farmhouse style decor. They have a whole isle full of vintage inspired things like metal locker baskets, old looking keys, numbered cabinet knobs, etc., (some of it is cheesy but its mostly really cute stuff).


I bought this wire basket...


which I could never have too many of.


And I also bought this bottle carrier. I have been looking for an antique one of these for awhile now but at $18 this one will due just fine. It actually looks old to me...


they even made the handle look aged and paint splattered.









I was so excited to find that old milk bottles fit perfectly inside the bottle carrier.


There were other things that I wanted to buy but I had to draw the line somewhere. I am trying to save every penny I can because the flea market will be starting soon! I am dying to go!


I am going through serious treasure hunting withdrawal, I have a whole mental list of things I am on the hunt for this year.


Speaking of treasure hunts, my family and I are having a huge indoor TAG SALE in Harmony, PA on May 11. There will be lots of old things...I will elaborate more in a future post.






Happy Friday....now go get to Big Lots!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the heads up! Those are really cute! Especially hanging out with all your other cool things. ;)

    I'm having the same withdrawals. But our season is right around the corner. In fact, a few sales are starting now. Happy hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I never go there. Now I will have to stop by and see what they ahve to offer... what treasures.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful. Wow, I don't have one near me but that's wonderful.
    Lisa
    Leeshideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to know Thank you !!!
    I just got a vintage industrial cart with cubbys wondering if the locker style baskets will work I will check them out !!!
    janet

    So enjoy your blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Big Lots on my errand/shopping circuit. I'll have to take a look! Love the wire basket especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds. Your displays always look so nice and the new pieces fit in so well with your vintage pieces. I know what you mean about the list and can hardly wait for yard sales and outdoor markets to start around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really found some great things! Big Lots is always a hit or miss for me, but I will check it out....the wire basket is perfect!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful finds. I've been wanting a bottle carrier, but you can't find them over here and buying on Etsy is just too expensive with the high shipping costs. Your vignettes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds at Big Lots. We do have one so I will have to check it out and see what we have.

    Always love checking out what's going on in your beautiful farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great finds!! We have a Big Lots about 10 minutes from here...thinking I'll be making a trip there tomorrow.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I would've never guessed! Love that basket!! (I can never have too many, either :) I haven't been to Big Lots in ages-looks like I'll be makin' a trip soon!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great blog...so happy I found you!!

    ReplyDelete