Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Our Home Is In Flea Market Decor!

One of my very favorite things to do is sit at my kitchen table in the morning with a cup of coffee and a big stack of decorating magazines. Well that is just what I am doing this morning and I can't believe it but our home is in one of the magazines in the stack!

 Our home is in the newest Flea Market Decor issue! I was contacted during the summer by them about being in the magazine but I wasn't sure when the issue was due out. Yesterday one of my lovely blog followers Isabella informed me that she saw our house in the magazine! I had Neal stop on his way home from work at Walmart and sure enough there was the issue. He was so excited he bought 6 issues:) The issue is the December/January one with 321 Ideas for Holiday Decorating on the front. We are SO honored and SO pleased with the way the spread came out!






To be honest I was worried that it wasn't even going to actually happen because last Christmas another magazine had contacted us to possibly be in their Christmas issue. They had me submit tons of photos (the week of Christmas as if that is not a hectic week as it is) and I ran around for 2 weeks trying to make everything perfect in the event they came to take photographs. Turned out they decided to go with another home without even telling us. It actually turned out for the better though because that is right when I found out I was pregnant and I was SOOOOO tired and if photographers had been coming here I would have been so overwhelmed. Everything in it's time right? As for now I have a permanent smile on my face, to know that some of what I do might inspire other people means more to me than anyone could know:)  Now go get your copy!


20 comments:

  1. Congrats, Megan! I'll look for it next time I go to WM - I always enjoy picking this one up. This is the version by Beckett Media, correct? The same publishes as RH and C&B?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish they would show all the finished rooms in your home! Somebody has to feature Millie's adorable nursery someday. : ) What fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Megan! Your decorating style and renovation choices for your farmhouse are done so tastefully beautiful, I have wondered how long it would take for your home to get noticed, you deserve it! :) What you and your husband have done is so inspiring, I cannot wait until we find our forever farmhouse! It makes my day when I see a new post from you :) PS - Congrats on your adorable new little one too! - Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Megan!!! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so funny. . . I was out and about today buying meds to ward off a pre-winter cold and after I put the meds in my cart I decided to grab a few magazines to cozy in for the day. I didn't even know your house was in the FMD ! ! it is a REALLY nice article Megan. I bet you are so proud and all I can say is the *other* magazine missed out. . . Nice too that the photographing is all credited to you, no professionals needed when you do such a good job all by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you, Megan. I'm off tomorrow to look for it. I know why your home is featured!!! :)

    Too bad about the other magazine. Hopefully they will go through their files and contact you another time. I was in Romantic Homes last year and I was told it would be in July. I was devastated when it wasn't and then it turned up in August. Sigh!!! :)

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Megan,
    Congrats on your feature. I am getting this copy. Your home is so deserving. These magazines are so unpredictable. I have been in a few and it is a large amount of stress and work and then when they do not do what they say can be very frustrating I know!!! Like you said it all works out for the right reasons. I imagine your home will be in several magazines in the months to come. It is gorgeous.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your magazine feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the issue, and purchased it along with sharing it with a couple of friends that also love your farmhouse style. You have a feature to love, and one to admire.

    Congrats for so many reasons here, but a feature like this is so well deserved.

    Xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! When reading your blog, I've often wondered how long it would take before your home would be featured in a magazine. Although I don't decorate as prim as you do, your blog is wonderful eye candy; and I'm always glad to see a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I will have to go get a copy today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome, Megan! I can't wait to pick up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Megan! How exciting for you and hubby. I'll pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! How exciting is that?!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Must get out and find a copy! It really means something when you land in a magazine. My friend was in Country Home many years ago and I know how much hard work goes into the shoot, but it's something you can cherish. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. DuPaint provides new homes with a superior quality painting job that will make you excited to move into your brand-new home, or supremely confident to put it on the market.

    ReplyDelete