Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Baby's Room Part Two

I know some of you must be wondering.....yes we had our baby girl!!! We welcomed Amelia on August 29th! She is healthy and quite the cutie if I do say so myself:)




And I finally found the time to show you the rest of her room!!!




The dresser is a thrift store find that I painted white and added glass knobs to.




I bought this shelf at the Country Living Fair a few years back. It seemed perfect for all of the little things I had been collecting for the nursery. My friend Maria from campbluewall.blogspot.com sent me the adorable vintage baby bottles. They make for the perfect addition to the things that I had picked up here and there, thanks Maria!




I bought this adorable hand made doll house at the flea market at least 10 years ago for $1 in the hopes that I would someday have a little girl. I know that it will be awhile before she can actually play with it but I just couldn't wait to drag it down from the attic, and at 9 months pregnant that is literally what I did:)




My Dad built the trunk the doll house is sitting on for me when I was a little girl. It has been many colors over the years but I painted it "Prairie Sage" by Glidden for now. I actually happened upon the color by accident, it was a $10 clearance can of paint so I thought I would give it a try. I knew I wanted my accent color in this room to be green because I want to be able to switch out the pink things for red. I also knew that I wanted the green to have a 1940's looking feel to it. When I brought the green paint home I was so excited to find that it was the perfect shade.




I also painted a thrift store mirror the same green and hung it above the dresser.











On this side of the room I hung a $10 flea market cupboard to hold the baby powder and ointments. And the adorable vintage baby basket was $5 at the thrift store. I found it on one of those days when I only had $5 to my name and it was marked $10. I was devastated when I saw the price, but then I saw a sign that said "Half Off All Items"! I wanted to do a jig!







I bought the hooks on the antique molding piece at the flea market over the summer. It fits perfectly over the $3 thrift store changing table.




I painted a $1 basket white and hung it here for quick access to diapers.







Another $1 thrift store find that I am really excited about is the quilt on the side of the crib. It is from Pottery Barn and is the perfect light pink and cream colors.




All in all I am quite pleased with the way this room came together and I think it may be the cheapest room redo that I have ever done. Hopefully little Millie will love it too!




I've been relishing every second with my baby girl and would spend my day just staring at her if I could but please know that if you sent me an email in the last month or so I promise I will get back to you soon! I am really getting good at doing everything one handed (this post included) so I hope to go through all my emails and to start visiting other blogs again sometime soon!

35 comments:

  1. Your daughter is just beautiful! I love how you decorated her room. Blessings to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful - congratulations. Her bedroom is stunning and I love everything in it. You did a terrific job on it and really saved a lot of money. Enjoy your little beautiful bundle of joy.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia...Millie...aww, Megan, congratulations to your and your family. She is perfect. I lvoe her room and the frugal beauty you touched it with. Enjoy your time bonding with your baby girl.
    RIta C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the room and your sweet little baby girl are beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy......the years go by so quickly as my youngest daughter is a freshman in high School this year:-(

    I had that very changing table when my kids were babies and the crib that matched....and mine were new! I guess that shows how old my kids are now...haha.

    Wishing you and your family much happiness.

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sweet baby girl....And her room is absolutely perfect. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia is adorable, all that hair!! I love her room, but my favorite thing is the little frilly white dress hanging up that you have to get a photo of her wearing someday!! You are so talented, you should start a decorating business for people on a country budget! The full shot of the room shows how good you are at putting things together, it looks fantastic! I hope your talents were passed onto Amelia. The two of you will have so much fun one day antique hunting! I'm so glad I saved those baby bottles, they were meant to be in her room. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful little girl and adorable room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I've been checking here to see if you had posted your blessed arrival. She is darling and so is the room. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan,
    What a cutie pie. So adorable. Love her room that is so adorable too. Beautiful baby and beautiful room. Congrats.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amelia--what a sweetie!Thanks for sharing a picture of her and her great bedroom. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your newest blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. . . she is perfectly perfect. I could spend all day just watching her too. . . I love her room. . . she is truly blessed to have a mommy that puts so much of herself in a room just for her.

    I am one of the ones that sent you an e mail. Your mailing address got deleted. I was holding out until I saw pictures to make sure you didnt have what I got for Millie. The good news is you don't have one but the bad news is I also got her the exact same dress you have hanging on the coatrack. It's such a sweet dress I bet she looks adorable in it. You can send your address whenever you have time. . . have fun making memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on a beautiful sanctuary for your beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your adorable baby girl. What a sweet room she gets to sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh...your little baby girl is gorgeous! Precious! You have made her room so sweet. Welcome little Millie! Take lots of time to hold her and look at her . They grow up so fast.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Precious baby girl! I love the room and all the vintage touches. So nice to see a new mom with imigination and not the same ole cookie cutter baby room! Hold her, rock her, look at her...every minute you can. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been checking your blog for a baby update! Little "Millie" is adorable and so lucky to have such a perfect room. You certainly have "The touch!"
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome Amelia!! Congratulations, she is just beautiful as is her nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing! She is so beautiful... Welcome Amelia:) Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, she is just beautiful! You have done such an amazing job with her room, I love how all the soft shades and fabulous finds have come together. You have a knack for scoring some great things!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful little girl! Congratulations! Patty/NS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your daughter is PRECIOUS!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely. Congratulations. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my! That had got to be the sweetest nursery! Congratulations on your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a little love she is! By far the best nursery I have seen...Congrats!! xoxo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  26. Omgosh! Congrats to you and your family! She is precious! Best wishes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely baby girl and how blessed she is to have a creative mom to surround her with such beauty and love. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved the White storage boxes and baby cot.?You have designed the room very cleanly and that brings the beauty of the room.

    Good Wishes
    Kids Bed

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good and amazing article, thanks for sharing your knowledge!
    baby nursery décor

    ReplyDelete
  30. I must say that you have a very cute baby. As far as your baby room themes concern, it is simply the best . I appreciate your baby room decor efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Where is your crib from? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from Babies R Us but many years ago. I will actually be selling it next month at the Springfield, Ohio Antique Extravaganza May 19, 20, 21St!

      Delete
  32. Ceramic Knobs
    It’s great and nice blog. I read the blog it’s really good and well information

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete