Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's The Little Things


One of our local churches has a rummage sale every Tuesday and Saturday and I just love going because I never know what I will find. I just recently discovered it and I hate to think what I may have missed out on all the time that we were living here...but better late than never I guess. Yesterday my son and I quickly ran through to see if there was anything good, I found a duvet cover and he found a toy front end loader (his favorite) and we paid. As we were headed out the door I saw a little handle sticking out from under a shelving unit...could it be a cutting board?!
It was and it was priced at a $1!


I love the pale wood color and the fact that you can see that someone burned it a time or two. Also it was great timing because I just bought a new table runner and wanted a rustic cutting board to place on our dining room table.


The candle holders are recent thrift store finds, and I just love them. And my hydrangeas are blooming and couldn't make me happier when placed around the house.




Don't you just love it when things come together, especially if you didn't have to spend a lot to get the look you were going for.



14 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to go treasure hunting? Love your finds...everything is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful feeling when everything comes together! I know exactly what you mean! Congrats on your surprise finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table setting looks lovely and inviting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great finds, Megan. Thrift stores are a definite hit or miss and how great that you discovered the church rummage sale was a regular thing. Your eating area and table arrangement are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love fun finds like that.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan: I love, love, love your wonderful finds and the prices even more! That is a great runner; so simple yet it really makes a statement with your pitcher and candles on it. Great job!
    {{HUGS}}
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what's prettier. . . your table with all of your treasures or the pictures themselves. You certainly have a good eye for capturing the most beautiful photos.

    I notice a new texture on your sofa. . . are you keeping something from us. . . ?

    Thanks for sharing your home with us Megan. . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. nothing better than a beautiful tablescape done on a budget, well done, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan...I don't think I need to tell you how much I love cutting boards....however I have NEVER found one for $1...talk about a deal...I love it too...you hit the jackpot my friend!!! x0

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOur home is stunning! Love how your table looks with that perfect pitcher.
    So sweet.
    Lisa
    Leeshideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect find for your table. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did some really good picks, you do a great job decorating. The cutting board is nice.

    Michael
    End Grain Cutting Boards

    ReplyDelete