Friday, June 24, 2016

Little Peek At The Guest Room


So here is a little sneak peek at the changes I have made to the guest room! I have a little more to finish up in here but I thought I would share the part that I have done for now! I only ever have the time to work on this room here and there so it's been a long process but it is all finally coming together and I couldn't wait to share!




The old iron bed is a Craig's List find...I obsessively checked every day until I found one...this one happened to be just up the road at a horse farm. I had been looking for just the right piece to hang above the bed and I found a big piece of old molding at the flea market and painted it white. It fits perfectly above the bed.





I bought the night stand at the Springfield Antique Show Extravaganza. The vendor across from me there has two giant lots of antique furniture, I mean it is worth going to this show just to go to his booth. Needless to say my sisters and I buy a lot from him because all of these awesome pieces are just sitting there staring at us the whole time. Well the one morning I went in John (the vendor) had a whole stack of chippy white furniture gathered together for me because he knows that's what I love. And I mean how could I resist...wait till you see the mantle I bought from him and the chippy white screen door!! The thing is he has so much awesome furniture that I didn't even know this little night stand was over there! To say I love it is an understatement and it is just perfect next to the bed.









I also bought the drawer pull on the nightstand at Springfield. One of the vendors sells only cast iron hardware (at way cheaper prices than on Etsy) so I came home with a bag full. I have a garage full of furniture to fix up and paint for the Fall Springfield Extravaganza and I will need lots of cute hardware for it all!






The rug and ironstone pitchers are all flea market finds.







The throw pillows in the middle of the bed are both thrift store finds, along with the curtains in the windows. The quilted shams are from Walmart and the pillow cases are vintage.






















Well I hope you guys enjoyed the sneak peek! More details and pictures coming soon!


***Wall Color ~ Martha Stewart's Sandpiper
***Trim Color ~ Glidden's Swan White


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful room! Love all of your whites!! The bedside table is just gorgeous...hoping to go to Springfield in the fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoVe the whites! So calm and refreshing! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is wonderful! You're doing a great job on it. I cannot imagine what else needs to be done. It is already gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. recently I follow you what an amazing House, I really enjoy it and get a lot of inspiration for my own home!! with love, Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Perfectly put together. I could take a nap on that bed it looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful!!!! It that a duvet cover, quilt, or antique linen on the bed? I love the whole room.

    ReplyDelete