Friday, July 1, 2016

Fresh Cut Flowers


For me one of the most wonderful things about summer is having fresh cut flowers all over the house. Having bushes that bloom at different times ensures that there is always something to be cut and brought inside. Our property had a lot different bushes on it when we bought the house and I have also planted many.







Hydrangeas with their gorgeous blooms are definitely one my favorite bushes. I have planted eight of them (of different varieties)  in our yard, and they seem to do well here.


















Spirea blooms late Spring around here and I love it's tiny white flowers.









Viburnum is also one of my favorites and it also blooms late Spring here.







My peony bushes always bloom right around Memorial Day weekend. These pale pink ones smell absolutely wonderful.









Forget - Me - Nots were my Grandmas favorite and reseed like crazy so my mom took some from my Grandma's yard and gave us all some to plant in our yard. I love when I see them first start to bloom in early Spring.




And if there is nothing blooming we have an abundance of weeds that I can cut, like Queen Anne's Lace.








Well I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope that you have a wonderful 4th of July!!!

4 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your posts! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flowers, and yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just wonderful flower vases. The first one is my favourite among all. I would love to make such cute DIY vases for my birthday party decorations. I always buy flowers online. The BloomThat Flower Delivery service is best as they supply truly fresh and beautiful flowers on same day.

    ReplyDelete