Monday, November 11, 2019

Thankful


Ahhh November...that transitional time of year when the golden and rusty colors of October have subsided but yet too early for the contrast of the dark greens and bright white of December. I feel like November and Thanksgiving have become underappreciated but I absolutely love this time of year. November is all about getting the house ready for winter, cooking big meals, sitting around the table with family and making things cozy...adding an extra down comforter to each bed, more lamps to each room, and of course more candles to each nook.






I love the glow these candles above our dining room table bring to our dining room. They also make me feel like I have stepped back in time so of course I love that. Some white pumpkins on an antique cutting board give the room a fall feel but are easy enough to move for big family meals or a board game or two. 




















Sconces with dimmer switches are also key to getting a cozy feel in our dining room this time of year. 

















Another thing I love about this time of year, all of the delicious food.  I love making big pots of soup or stew with skillet cornbread or biscuits that the kids help me make. I usually don't have the time to really eat at work so I always love coming home, lighting some candles and making some yummy comfort food.

















And of course the place where you end your day should be cozy as well! Although I am usually asleep before my head hits the pillow these days I always make sure that our bedroom is cozy. Lamps with Edison bulbs, warm quilts and lots of pillows help to create a restful room. 







While I am on here I wanted to share with you guys some really exciting news....Country Home magazine chose me as one of their Style Makers in their current holiday issue out now! Country Home has been my favorite magazine for over 20 years now and I can't even begin to tell you what an honor this is to me! Opening up the magazine and seeing my photographs is an absolute dream come true. I have had so many people come to visit the shop all because they saw the magazine article.







We celebrated our one year anniversary of our grand opening in October and I couldn't be more pleased with how the past year has gone and the success of the shop. I have so many loyal customers that have supported our small business from the very beginning and I am truly thankful. I am also so thankful for you guys and for following along for so many years now!







I have been very busy getting things ready for the Christmas Open House that we are having at the shop on November 23rd! The shop will be completely stocked with ironstone, Christmas decor, furniture, candles and much more! Make sure to follow my Instagram @farmhouse5540 and my facebook @farmhousesupply for shop information and updates!


Thank you for taking the time to visit and I hope you all have a wonderful and cozy Thanksgiving with your loved ones!



6 comments:

  1. ATTENTION!!
    --

    Do you need a loan to start up business? pay off bills? we offer all kinds of financial assistance to every individuals Such as:

    *Business loan
    *Personal loan,
    *House purchase loan.
    *Student loan,
    *Investment Loan
    *Debt consolidation and House purchases Etc. We Offer is affordable at an interest rate of 2%.

    Note: These offer is for serious minded and God fearing People Only.

    Email: jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com

    Text or call: +1-205-5882-592. (SKYPE Video Calls.)

    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    CEO:Mrs Helen Raymond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is always so fun to see. So cozy and beautiful. Love love it all.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for inviting us in to your warm and cozy home. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend  anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

    ReplyDelete