Friday, June 1, 2018

Viburnum Snowballs, Springfield Recap and Shop Updates

I am so sorry it has been so long since my last post but you guys know how busy Spring is for us! Between getting ready for the Springfield Show , getting everything moved out of what was to be our shop and all of the yard work that needs to be done this time of year we haven't had a spare moment lately. I have so many things I want to share with you and just never enough time!






Our yard is alive with spring blooms and my viburnum is bigger than ever this year and covered with snowballs. I love these flowers so much that I can't help but put them literally everywhere.


















I also wanted to share our new sign that I hung on our front porch. I have a running search on ebay for antique signs and when I saw this one show up in my email I knew it was just perfect for the front porch. I love the way it looks with the black writing on white and what it says makes me giggle when I see it.






Decorating the inside of the house is so easy this time of year...a giant jar or vase of flowers and you are all set.



























I also wanted to share with you guys some pictures of our booth at the Springfield, Ohio Antique Extravaganza. I was so busy this time I hardly got any pictures with my camera but if you visit my Instagram Stories you can see many images of our booth.






As usual we had the most wonderful time and it was our most successful show to date! I absolutely love getting to meet all of you that come to say hi and shop and catching up with all of you that come every year! Sooo many of you went out of your way to give me your condolences about the shop and also your encouragement in finding a new one, that means more to me than you could ever know.














As far as finding a new shop location, it is not as easy as one would think. We can't find anything that fits our needs that is already deemed retail.  PA Labor and Industry laws are very strict regarding retail shops and as I mentioned in my last post we have found a building that we are trying to make work. It is an early 1900's general store and it goes without saying it is my absolute dream shop. It is only 30 minutes from our house and I never even knew it existed until we started searching for old buildings that could be commercial. Just as I expected we are being faced with one obstacle after another and I have to be realistic about the fact that it just may not end up working out. That being said I just honestly can't believe this building that is everything I ever dreamed of is sitting there empty and that it is not meant to be ours.

It is a hard thing to explain but I was always very careful of letting myself think too much on the whole shop thing until I knew it was something I actually tangibly had because I knew it would be so painful to let myself mentally plan it all and have nowhere to put those plans. Well after thinking I had one I did let myself start to imagine exactly how I wanted it all to look and now there is no going back. Raising my children has always been my number one priority and I put a lot of my dreams/goals on the back burner so that I could do it properly but lately I have been feeling it is time for me to start working towards some of my own personal career goals. Also, Millie will be starting pre-school in the fall so the timing seemed right. I had finally decided to take that leap and then it was all taken away from me so now I am left feeling sad and lost in a way I have never felt before. I am sure some people wonder why this is all such a big deal to me but it is my passion and I love bringing beauty to people with my images, ideas and hopefully some day soon housewares from my own shop. I truly feel like it is what I am meant to do.
'






I bought lots of goodies at the Springfield Extravaganza and have been listing them in my etsy shop over the past week. I came home with tons of ironstone, there is always so much of it there and no ones seems to be buying it, fine by me. My friend Kristine (@farmhousegreen) and I spend every spare seconding running around looking for it! I still have a lot more to list and will hopefully get to it all next week before we leave for our annual schools out camping trip.






Thank you all so much for your continued support and for listening to me vent...hopefully greener pastures are just around the corner.






7 comments:

  1. Sorry you are running into so many issues with the building you want to open the shop. I hope you can work things out and it will come to light. Love seeing all the pretty ways you have the Viburnum. Happy Friday.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize the passionate desire for your own shop, so I really hope you get the property you want. I know you would make it a big success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog today Megan...love all the photos of your viburnum! They are indeed a beautiful flower.
    I am continually hoping you have success in finding your dream shop. I know you will do great things there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't give up! I know exactly how you feel and I'm not a patient person. When you find the perfect place and open, you'll be a success because your passion is beautiful as is your heart. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so lovely and look pretty in your home. I am sorry about the shop hopefully something will work out,waiting is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed what happened with your shop but completely understand your hurt. Our dreams are precious and I agree that you need to keep looking and pursuing your dreams. This also would be a great example for your children that everyone should have a passion and go after living their passion. I had to work outside the home and believe me, my work was necessity not my passion, but my husband and I raised an amazing daughter. Balance is tricky no matter what you do, but if I had a viable chance to make a living while pursuing my dream (as I believe you do; you have such a talent for effortless style) I would not have hesitated. Best of luck and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe-inspiring bequest! Your site is actually attention-grabbing. Personally i think love for this.
    Cheap Beds For Sale

    ReplyDelete