Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Our Master Bedroom Part Two


Finally more of our master bedroom!!! The last little details have been coming together very slowly because we have been so busy with other things. Also, we waited so long to have it I want it to be just right. I have to admit we love waking up these beautiful ceilings, they were definitely worth the work.






I was also waiting for the perfect pieces to complete the room, like this chair and little cupboard. I bought the cupboard at the last Springfield, Ohio Antique Extravaganza and it was buried all the way in the back of our trailer so I had to wait until it was unloaded to get to it.  I knew I wanted a chair for our bedroom but really didn't want to spend a lot of money on one when lo and behold one of our family friends gave us a bunch of furniture she didn't want anymore. Among all of the furniture were a bunch of slipcovered chairs. A great place to sit and put your shoes on in the morning or take your shoes off after a long day this chair is just perfect beautiful slipcover and all.






















Another new thing to the room is this beautiful hand woven rug from Natural Area Rugs. Their Paloma Jute Rug adds just the right amount of color and texture to the room and we absolutely love it. There are so many rug choices out there and I didn't want one that took up too much of the room or was too busy and as I unrolled this one I could tell it was going to be just perfect.





















I haven't changed up the bedding yet, that is a record for me you guys! I am just loving this combination so much that I don't feel the need to change it yet! For more details on the bedding read Our Master Bedroom Part One.  Maybe in the hot summer months I will change the shams or something. We even still have our electric blanket on the bed, in the middle of May, that is definitely a record for us!







In other news ~ If you follow me on Instagram you know that the shop we had been working on to make our brick and mortar location fell through. I am devastated and am struggling to understand the meaning of it all. We are having trouble finding anything else that fits our needs, is in our budget and is within 45 minutes of our house. We may have found something this week but it is honestly the shop that I have dreamed about my whole life and it is going to be quite complicated to get it all to fall into place. I am dying to share some the details about it but I am so afraid right now, we will know more by the end of the week. I am praying it works out but I am also trying to be realistic because it will be such a disappointment if it doesn't and I am already feeling very depressed. In the meantime I am trying to focus on the Springfield, Ohio Extravaganza which is next week. We absolutely love doing the Springfield Show and I look forward to seeing all of you that faithfully come year after year!

I hope you enjoyed Part Two of our master bedroom! All sources listed below!



Bed Frame ~ Wayfair.com
Mattress ~ IKEA
Lamps~ Hobby Lobby
Rug ~ Natural Area Rugs
Trunk and Small Cupboard ~ Springfield Ohio Antique Extravaganza
Quilt on Bed ~ Springfield Ohio Antique Extravaganza

Wall and Ceilings ~ Glidden's Swan White
Beams and Floors ~ Stained Minwax's Dark Walnut




9 comments:

  1. Your room is lovely! I HOPE you are going to participate in the antiques day in Somerset this year as I am going to be moving there in a few weeks! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Megan, it has come together so beautifully! The room looks so amazing! With your husband’s hard work and your vision you two have created a gorgeous space. So sorry your shop fell through, but I always find that when the Lord closes one door, he’ll open a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bedroom and that ceiling is really nice. Hope things work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you in acquiring your shop! Thanks for the best photos (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh wow this is gorgeous! I love how you styled this, all the dreamy creams and whites with little rustic touches :D I adore shabby chic flair! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    I’m hoping I might be able to entice you to follow each other on bloglovin haha xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful with the wood on the floor and ceiling. I'd love waking up to that too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about the shop falling through. I hope that something even better comes along. Your room looks amazing. You use of white and creams is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifull house. wonderfull bedroom. i'm in love with this bedroom.
    seo company in san jose

    ReplyDelete