Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Little Bits of This and That


I'm so sorry it has been so long! I hope you guys didn't give up on me! Spring is such a hectic time around here and I just can't seem to find the time to devote to a full blog post but I thought something was better than nothing and that I could just share a couple little things with you instead! I have been spending most of my time pricing, painting, and packaging things for the Springfield (Ohio) Antique Show that I am selling at this month but I have found a moment here and there to do some other things on my list. It seems lately that I work on a lot of things, but finish nothing:/ Our tractor is broken and the outside looks like a jungle and makes me want to cry so I almost feel like it is better to just focus on inside things for now anyways.


One of the things that I finally got to was organizing my sewing area. I will do a full blog post with lots of pictures of this area but for now I wanted to give you a little sneak peek. I just love love love vintage sewing notions and simple primitive textiles like ticking and getting all of mine organized has been on my to do list for quite some time now.




Now seemed like the time to get it done because due to the fact that I couldn't seem to find the old fashioned style of pillows that I love the look of I was inspired to make my own and then had tons of requests from people to make them some and therefore have been doing a lot of sewing (had been until my sewing machine started giving me trouble).




The response to the pillows that I made for my etsy shop was amazing and they all sold in 24 hours! I do plan to make more as soon as my sewing machine gets back from the shop.









I have lots of ideas for different pillows (maybe some like the one I made below) and can't wait to get back at it.







I have been going through all of my stuff to decide what to keep and what I am ready to let go of and sell at the antique show and so that always leads to organizing and display changes around the house. My blue and white quilts found a new home in our step back cupboard for now, they are just too pretty to be unseen.






Hopefully soon I will have the time to show you how our amazing fireplace turned out and some other changes I have made around the house. MAKE sure to follow me on Instagram because I post things on there everyday. As soon as the antique show is over I will begin working on the front porch of our farmhouse and can't wait! I have been waiting 7 long years to make it pretty again and will be showing daily pics on Instagram of my progress.





Don't forget to come see me and shop at FARMHOUSESUPPLY at the Springfield Antique Show Extravaganza in Ohio, Clark County Fair Grounds, May 20, 21. and 22nd!!! I am booth # 551 and 552!!! It's not just an awesome show because I am there:)...it is a truly amazing antique/boutique type show, I can't imagine what you are looking for that you can't find at this show!!!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting you're going to be at the Extravaganza! Note to self: talk sisters into going!! I will definitely stop by if we do go, would love to meet you and shop your booths. Best wishes for a HUGE success! Love your pillows - I don't do IG, so it would sure be special if you could/would publish a brief post just before you list them on Etsy. Just sayin'......:D
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've have missed your post so much!! I look to see everyday if you've made a new post. Thankfully I have discovered you on Instagram and it gives me a fix!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute pillows. I wish I lived closer so that I could attend the sale. I can't wait to see what you did to your fireplace. The front porch project sounds wonderful. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love reading about your farmhouse. Your photos are extraordinaire! Thank you so much for letting us in to the beauty that is your world.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't you know it? I'm originally from Ohio and never made it to the Springfield Fair. Kicking myself now. But best wishes for a super show. You have such great taste I know you'll sell out. Must check out your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete