Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sunny Day


The sun was shining in so brightly the other day that I just couldn't resist snapping some pictures. I also have some new goodies that I wanted to share with you guys.













This late 1800's gathering basket is one of them. I bought it at a little shop that is right on the main street of our town only minutes from our house. Every time I go there I find some really great things, like the awesome rustic trunk that I keep on our porch.







The basket is perfect for some of my vintage linens, most of these are from thrift stores and I just love each and every one of them.





Another new goodie is the shutter hanging in the corner. I bought it at my favorite shop Romantique Boutique in Erie, PA. The shop owner Mickey is so amazing and every time I go to her shop I am blown away by her talent and creativity. I always leave there inspired and with a renewed fire in my belly to one day have my own shop.











And my last new goodie that I am going to share with you today is this pretty table runner that I found at TJMaxx. I had been looking for something just like this but didn't want it to be vintage because with my kids around it's likely to get crayon or something on it.










I am almost finished painting the living room. It has never taken me this long to paint a room before but my reason is totally worth it...




And we finally have the beautiful antique cupboard repaired and moved into Eli's room and I can't wait to tell you guys more about it so stay tuned! Thanks for being such awesome followers, you guys make my day:)





18 comments:

  1. You have countless touches in your home that I could mention. Your coffee table is so perfect with the basket filled with your linens and pine cones---a little of the outdoors and some textiles. That little cutie had me at hello!

    I love everything! :)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us peek into your home. It's a treat each time! Loved the of or your sweetie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great living room, I like your new old basket on that adorable table and I wish I had your beautiful dining chairs!!!
    Have a nice day,
    groetjes van Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  4. How you keep everything so neat and clean and WHITE in your house...especially with little ones, I'll never know. Everything looks beautiful as always !! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm you got me thinking about shutters now! I think I will be off to the Restore to find some cupboard doors that will do the trick! Love the glass bottle too ! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new goodies fit right into your home and make it look so cozy. Love the runner you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cabinet is amazing. I can't wait to see more of it and the living room.
    What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always makes me happy to open up my email and find a blog post from you. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the basket and linens and of course!,all of it! How in the world do you keep,all your stuff lightnwith your little one is beyond me!Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megan, you home always looks so bright and cheery and the sun coming in all your windows is just more perfect. That shutter is wonderful. Did you add the little bottle vase or was that there, however it is really genius. You really have some lovely old cupboards..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shutter and the basket with linens. It's a great way to display them and enjoy them. Your home looks so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely as usual...you have the right touch! Can't wait to see more and hear more about that beautiful old antique cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful home. It brings a big smile to my face every time I see the great photos. Thank you so very much.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Love your home, always wait for you to post! I have a basket just like yours, I found mine at the Braddock Antique Fair for $20.00, the seller said it was a bread basket. Love all your new touches! Sweet baby Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love your home and what you do with it. I think the thing I like the best is that you are doing it with hard work and talent. I always enjoy seeing your results.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Romantique Boutique! I agree, each time I go I am always so floored by the amazing things she has. If you see something you like, you sure need to snatch it up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Home sweet home here, I always love my visits here, and never find a thing I would do if this were my farmhouse.
    Happy painting, looking forward to the restored armoire in Eli's room.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful pictures of your home as always. The shutter in the corner is really nice. Makes one wonder what it was attached to years ago? The basket looks great on that table also.

    ReplyDelete