Monday, August 24, 2015

Chicken Coop Cupboard


Hello and I am so sorry that it has been so long since I last posted anything! Hopefully you guys didn't give up on me:) We always have busy summers but this one was a whirlwind! We had many wonderful vacations and when we weren't traveling we were working on the house. Right now there is no where that you can look in our house that doesn't look like a bomb went off! We are hustling to get the bathroom reno done, we have half of the outside of our house ripped off and I am preparing all of the things that I am taking to sell at the Springfield Antique Show in Ohio this September. In the meantime I have so many things that I have been dying to share with you guys, like this little cupboard that we built...




I had been holding onto this door, specifically for this reason, that we took off of the chicken coop when we tore it down. I knew it would make the perfect little cupboard door at some point down the road. I am currently making some changes to the upstairs guest room and as I was painting I thought this corner would be the perfect place for a corner cupboard. Not much else could fit in this space and I wanted a cupboard for the millions of books I have stacked up there anyways.




It is such an amazing door, with it's original pale blue milk paint and old hardware.




I had Neal make a very simple frame for the cupboard that way the door is what stands out. I want to keep this room simple and true to my style with lots of muted tones and this door adds just the right bit of color.




We were even able to use the original hinges.




I am painting this room Martha Stewart's Sandpiper (no worries her colors are still in the Home Depot computer system) and I found an amazing old iron bed frame on Craig's List that I am so excited about. I can't wait to have it all finished and share it with you guys.





I wish every corner of my house looked this calming and clean right now! You guys know how I feel about clutter! My dining room looks like a messy Home Depot/antique store right now. But it is worth it, we almost have the bathroom completed (can't wait to share it) and I am so excited about the antique show. It is such a great show and I have so many ideas swirling in my head. I hope some of you guys can come! It is Sept 18, 19, and 20th at the Clark County Fair Grounds in Springfield, Ohio.


I will be selling LOTS of things from around my house:)

Some of you may have noticed that I am not participating in the Farmhouse Friday Blog Hop anymore. I loved being in such a wonderful blog hop with such talented women but I just have not had the time lately that something like that takes and my house is hardly picture worthy. But I hope that I soon have the time to do some of my own themed posts or maybe even start doing a reader request post like I promised I would do so long ago.

As for now my kids and home are first priority. Eli is starting second grade and Millie is turning one this week and I can't believe it! Time goes too fast.




I noticed everyone is pinning pumpkins on Pinterest so I thought I would send you guys off with some autumn pictures! I hope it's not too long till my next post but in the meantime take care and thanks for being so patient!







12 comments:

  1. I will never stray! I love each and every post... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I adore the cabinet! It is simply perfect! And what cuties those kids are! Having raised 4, I can say that one will never regret making them a priority! It comes back to you in blessings throughout their lives! Hope your show is a wonderful success!
    xo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupboard is so wonderful. I pinned your white china with white pumpkins too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness.... Gorgeous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. que c'est beau, j'adore;.. merci pour ce joli partage
    J'aime beaucoup vos citrouilles, dommage que je sois en France ;-)
    @ bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! I got so excited when I saw you were in my email this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate you taking your precious time and sending us all an update. We love you.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan, you take as long as you need, it will all be breathtaking at the finish, I know. I have told you before that your home is what my Cottage aspires to be when she grows up and she can wait a little longer, she is only 145 years old now. Your kids are such darlings, at their age I know you are a busy girl..The corner cupboard is wonderful and so glad you could use the original hinges..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, I started following you when your son was a wee one, and then along came the plans for a nursery and another beautiful infant. They are both so beautiful lover her little eyelet dress, she is like a little doll.

    Your home inspires the best and far beyond.
    I too am inspired and wish I had another home that I could go way more rustic with in a primitive farmhouse design as you have hear. Staying in your neutral tones is what has given country living a new name in creating a country white life.

    See you soon enough and all you will inspire.

    Fondly,

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful, your priorities are perfectly wonderful! Will look forward to seeing more of your style...when you can. No pressure here, honestly just envy, I miss my two little ones they are grown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous cupboard. I really love the idea of building new around the old. Looking forward to meeting you next weekend at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been a while, catching up. Look at adorable Millie!

    ReplyDelete