Friday, October 25, 2013

Ironstone Hutch




When we took down the wall in our kitchen we had to move the big antique hutch that we had in there. We moved it into our dining room and you have seen it in lots of my blog pictures but I thought it deserved it's very own post.



This amazing hutch was in the house when we bought it, screwed to the wall in the room we are now renovating. When we first walked through the house before purchase I spotted it and was beyond excited to find out that yes it would come with house ( I had decided I wanted the house already, I actually new when we pulled in the driveway). All of the houses contents were auctioned off sadly before we even knew of the place. But since this beauty was screwed to the wall it was all mine.


Definitely hand made, original blown glass doors, what is not to love? I always dreamed of having an old cupboard full of ironstone and this one couldn't make me happier.


I painted it Martha Stewart's Bedford Gray on the outside. And I have always liked when people put white dishes inside a dark cupboard, like this....


Nancy Fishelson Designs 


However.... I think I am going to paint the inside of this. The wood is dark but it has a 1970's shellacked look to, plus a musty smell that I can't get rid of no matter what I scrub it with. I am in the middle of painting the giant cupboard that goes into our kitchen/great room right now so it might be a week or two till I get to it. Or while I have the paint brush in my hand I might just do this too.










We got six inches of snow here yesterday...that's Edinboro for you:) Okay by me though lots to do inside. I hope to have some pictures of the kitchen/great room progress for you by the end of the weekend. I don't know about you but I am glad it is Friday!

12 comments:

  1. Lové visiting this farmhouse... Another of my passions is the folk art feel of a rustic farmhouse.

    Loved my visit and will return.

    Xx
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the color of paint on the hutch...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great hutch and a lovely ironstone collection, Megan. We got a heavy frost and rain instead of your snow but I know the snow is coming eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You have a lovely collection and the perfect piece to display it in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved visiting your beautiful farmhouse! Cabinet turned out so lovely, and love the ironstone. We'll be back soon! We are your new followers #200!!

    xox Glad & Celia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! 200!! FINALLY!! So happy to have you as my newest followers!

      Delete
  6. You have such an amazing collection of ironstone and the hutch is perfect to keep it all pretty and organized. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love , love your ironstone and the hutch is the perfect place to display it all! xo

    ReplyDelete