Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Farmhouse Autumn Continues

The autumn decorating continues...hope you aren't sick of it yet!


Yesterday I got the most wonderful package in the mail from Sun Prairie, an Etsy shop that I ordered some wonderful closeout sale items from. Everything was beautifully wrapped with hand made tags describing the items, I love attention to detail like that. The beautiful butter mold and the white tote full of pumpkins are two of the three things that I purchased. Old, simple, primitive items...nothing makes me happier!


And I finally had the time to scrub (although they already have cobwebs on them again, its that time of year) and bring inside two amazing chairs that I picked up at the flea market this summer. I bought them from one of my favorite sellers and he said that he found them in a barn in pieces and put them back together...aren't they beauties? I always bundle with this seller because he always has so many amazing things so I am not sure but I think the chairs were less than $10 a piece.






This little white chair is a $2 thrift store find and is the perfect size for my son, or a pumpkin depending:)








A mostly ironstone and natural elements mantle seemed the way to go this year. My pin oaks are just starting to change color so I cut some yesterday and placed them in an ironstone pitcher.


And I just can't get enough of the little white pumpkins! 



7 comments:

  1. Well, I am not sick of it...I love your home and could look at pictures of it all day! I love it because it's my style and because it looks natural, like the way a well loved collected farmhouse should.

    Happy fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorating! I've transitioned from primitive style to a more formal country style, but I still love to see true country like you have. Your taste is excellent, and this blog is full of eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new pieces are lovely and I love how you added the pumpkins. The little chair is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all... I enjoy seeing the progression of your Fall decor. I have yet to take pictures of mine and post :-/
    Luv the white tool box filled with little baby boos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with the little white pumpkins too. Sadly, my garden did produce more than a handful of them and I can't find a place that sells them around here. It seems I have to make do with the basket full of orange baby pumpkins instead.

    Love your fall decorating by the way, and no I'll never tire of viewing pretty photos from your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Fall Meg, I love the white mini pumpkins too. . . I have them on my mantel, in a wood trencher bowl with some other *fall* goodies and a few just poked here and there around the house. Orange isn't my favorite color and it really doesn't go with my décor, so I grab the white ones as soon as they come out.

    I've bought from Sun Prairie as well. . . you're right such attention to detail. . .

    Ill be posting some new goodies on my blog tomorrow, so be sure to check it out. . . I got some things you'll like. . . actually anyone interested is welcome to stop by my farmhouse. . .

    7grands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Fall to you too Debi! I can't wait to see your new goodies!!

      Delete