Thursday, November 2, 2017

November Mantel and A New Chair


Well it is hard to believe that it is November already, most of the leaves have fallen off of our trees and the weather has turned cold  (later than normal this year though so I can't complain). After taking down all of the Halloween decorations yesterday I did some major cleaning in the kitchen and family room and decorated the mantel for late fall/Thanksgiving. Although I have begun to think about Christmas decor and have a growing pile of new purchases I always wait till after Thanksgiving to truly decorate.





















You probably noticed that we have a new chair by the fireplace. A friend of my mom's gave it to me and although it was beautifully slipcovered in a floral print it just wasn't my style. After contemplating where to put it in the house I remembered late one evening that I had bought a Sure Fit slipcover at Target on clearance for $15 a couple of months back. I had never even looked at it but just bought it because it was white and threw it in my slipcover bin and forgot about it.





Once I remembered that I had bought it I couldn't get it on the chair fast enough to see if it would fit and it did! I was giddy (yes these are the things in life that make me excited what can I say?) with excitement because it was such a coincidence that it actually fit!










I mean I had to do some tucking but I like the loose sloppy look so that is fine with me and the wings fit perfectly and that is usually the hardest part to match. I washed it before putting it on for good and it turned super soft and almost muslin like.
















So now we have a comfy chair to sit in by the fire. 







Keeping the mantel neutral but also reflective of the time of year I used pine cones that fall from our pine trees mixed with my favorite creamy white ironstone pitchers...a perfect combination if you ask me.























I'm hoping to get a blog post up soon that shows the dining room that I have never really truly revealed to you guys in its entirety. Now that I am done with antique shows for a couple of months it is back to being a true dining room and not my workshop! Better get some pictures of it before it is back to workshop mode!


Thank you guys for stopping by and until next time take care!

8 comments:

  1. The slipcover is perfect, and I love how your chair makes a finishing touch on your living room. Yay! I also love the painting above your mantel so much.

    I'm in the mood to start sorting what I want to do with my Christmas decor. I have a huge crowd for Thanksgiving so I really can't decorate until the weekend after. Never hurts to get organized now!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing. Love that mantel and new chair! It's all so soothing and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your slipcover fit your chair,look like a great place to warm up. Always enjoy the pics you share with us, thanks and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect sitting spot by your cozy fire place. The slipcover is fabulous. Your mantel is adorable. I can't wait to see your dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me awhile to get to this post because I've been so darn busy. But it was worth the wait! Love the way you styled the mantel. Love your home period. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading your blog and love your decorating style..my husband and I drove to the antique mall today and I purchased two plates from your spot..your space was beautiful..

    ReplyDelete