Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Summer's End


It's hard to believe we are reaching Summer's end already, as usual it flew by, however I am looking forward to some cooler temperatures and being a tad less busy (hopefully). I know it has been a long time since I posted anything so I thought I would share some pictures of the house that I have taken over the last couple of weeks.



I've been wanting to share this beautiful antique laundry basket that I bought (for $8) at the last Springfield, Ohio Antique Extravaganza. Being a seller I hardly get any time to shop but this beauty was in the row right next to ours and I spotted it on my way back from the restrooms.




I love antique laundry baskets and have one in just about every room but this one might be my new  favorite.






















The coverlet on the bed is a custom made linen duvet that my moms friend (I have gotten some pretty amazing stuff from her) was getting rid of...in the hot summer months I just take the down comforter out of it. Right now I just have it layered over a quilt. I will show it in more detail when I do a full post dedicated to this room.




Some of the antique linens on the bed are new also. I had my eyes on this antique bolster cover on Etsy for ages and then my very sweet and thoughtful in-laws sent me an Etsy gift card and I knew just what I should purchase with it! In the summer it makes the perfect light weight linen to lay across the end of the bed, it makes the bed look pretty but doesn't add weight.







The "B" monogram pillow is from 1871Farmhouse on Etsy...I had been looking forever for a little pillow with a B on it so I had to snatch this up the second I saw it on Etsy.
























The hooks are another Springfield find and are the perfect place for some of my antique dresses and such.
































And speaking of Springfield the next Antique Extravaganza is September 16, 17, and 18th so it's time to get my new trailer all loaded up! I was finally able to purchase my very own cargo trailer and I couldn't be more excited! I have soooo much good stuff so I hope that some of you are coming!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love my antique laundry basket too - however mine lost a handle this year. Oh well, adds to the character ;)
    I am wondering though... What is the coverlet you have over the bed? Is it a paint drop-cloth? I love the color and simplicity of it!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for helping me realize the 2 laundry baskets I have like your are special. I have had them years
    Your pillow with the B on it is very nice and so is your new fancy hauling trailer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, I hope you had a great time in Springfield. Your finds are wonderful. I have followed you and your blog for a while, as I also live in PA. I love your style. We just moved OUT of a 1790's farmhouse and into a 1857 cottage. Downsizing is hard. I love coming here for inspiration. So happy to see you here, IG and ETSY. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decorating style! So soothing! I just found your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete