Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Cozy Corner




I love this time of year...laying under a quilt in the evenings watching a scary movie with all the candles lit. I love making a room cozy and this is the perfect time of year to do so and it is especially fun when you have new goodies to work with!





This corner of our family room has lots of new goodies in it. I bought the dresser at the end of the couch when Neal and I went to Niagara On The Lake, Canada for our 10 year anniversary this past summer. We went to an Antique Co-op Lakeshore Antiques while we were there and it is was full of so many things I wanted. I stood and looked at this amazing dresser for over an hour while Neal's stomach ate itself, much to his dismay. It meant putting other things back but I knew this dresser had to be mine.





I loved the way the sewing machine table looked here but the truth is I needed something with storage in this space. And the best part about it is that it's on casters so I can easily wheel it out when I need in the drawers! The dresser had very ugly handles on it but I changed those out for some more fitting ones that cost only $1 a piece that I found at Buffalo ReUse  on our last trip there.





The little white corner cupboard is also a purchase I made this past summer. I found it in Tidioute, PA in an antique store called Tidioute Consignment. Tidioute is where the cabin we stay at is and we are actually going there this weekend for our women and kids only annual fall trip. It's my favorite place on earth and I can't wait and I will definitely be visiting the antique shop again.




I just love the little cupboard, it has the cutest little drawer and the original blue milk paint inside even!





















The ironstone bowl with the pumpkins in it is also new, costing me a whole dollar at the flea market:)




I have a couple other things I wanted to share from the this room but the sunlight was just not co-operating when I was taking these pictures so hopefully next week. This is just about the only room that I can make pretty right now. I am preparing the dining room for some reno work as we are going to be putting in the new windows and taking down the plaster and lath ceiling sometime this month.

Until next time....stay cozy!



10 comments:

  1. So pretty and cozy!!
    Luv the quilt on the sofa and the stack in the basket. Screams snuggle time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both great pieces and I love that little corner with the quilt and pumpkins.The little drawer is adorable. Pieces like that often make me wonder where they lived or travelled over time. Niagara-on-the-Lake is a lovely spot with so many great stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, you have a way of making the simplest things look so beautiful! I adore your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, your home always draws me in - you do neutrals so, so well. I love your new pieces - all of them. We went to Niagara last year but missed the opportunity to go to Niagara on the Lake - I so regret that. The whole town looks so quaint and lush with flora and foliage, and antiques would be the icing on the cake. Enjoy your weekend coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is that time of year for cozy! Love the quilt. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Love your new chest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created such a lovely, cozy looking space. I would have had a hard time passing up that dresser also, it's lovely. How perfect that it works so well in this space for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's still way too hot here in Florida to cozy up, but I sure would like to cuddle with your quilt! I have searched for a quilt with our beloved neutrals for a long time....
    Blessings, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your blog. Your home is beautiful and so calming. I find a lot of inspiration going through the posts here. I recently purchased a 580 ft farm house in the mountains of NC. It is close to 100 years old. So it is especially fun for me as I watch the transformations on your farmhouse. You guys are doing an amazing job. Sweet home and blog.

    ReplyDelete