Thursday, February 26, 2015

My New White Cupboard - An Ebay Find



As promised....some pictures of my new cupboard. It is really amazing how I ended up with this beauty.  I knew I wanted a cupboard in this space between the outside door and the dining room entryway and I was either going to have Neal build one or try and find one this summer at the flea market. But then one evening I was looking on ebay for something and I saw this cupboard as I was scrolling through. It looked just like what I was envisioning for this space but it was a local pick-up only item and I figured there was no way the seller lived anywhere near where we lived.




As I looked closer I saw that the seller lived in Pennsylvania and I started to get excited, maybe it was possible to buy it! When I looked even closer I saw that she lived in a town not too far from the route we take to Brooklyn all the time. I checked with Neal to see if we could stop and pick it up on our way home from Brooklyn and he agreed (surprising I know, men never want to detour). I then contacted the seller and she was more than happy to hold the piece for me!








We picked it up on our way back after Thanksgiving and when I saw it I couldn't have been happier!




I just love it with it's peeling paint and simple lines. It even has the original hardware and is just as beautiful on the inside.









The hooks hanging above the cupboard are new to this room also. I had Neal cut a board to fit the space and then I added some antique hooks that I found on Etsy to it.

















And as I mentioned in my last post I was in the mood to change things around so I took out all of the blue and white items from this cupboard. I will go back to the blue and white but I wanted to see what some other things would look like in it since I have only had blue and white in there since Neal built it. I am getting rid of some of my blue and white things though, a lot of what I listed on Etsy sold already but I just added a large portion of my blue and white plate collection to my shop. In our first house I had blue and white plates all over the walls but my decorating has become much simpler since then and I am trying to be more practical about what I store these days (I don't want to end up on Hoarders). Plus my mom gave me her original dishes which are antique Blue Willow and they are about all I have room for.



Speaking of my mom she used to collect really primitive antiques but she is slowly trying to downsize which lucky for me means I keep ending up with the stuff she doesn't want anymore . The butter paddle below and also the table it is sitting on are two of those things.





























My azalea is starting to bloom and it is perfect timing, I need something that feels like Spring around here because it surely isn't the weather!












And a picture of Millie just because it has been awhile!







***Hanging Cabinet Color- Glidden's Whispering Wheat
***Trim Color- Glidden's Swan White

18 comments:

  1. millie's so cute !! and the little cabinet is a true treasure, it fits so well with their furniture and colors !!! I wish you much joy with it !!! love greetings from angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - your new (old) piece, and all your older things rearranged. Millie is more than beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ALL WHAT BEAUTIFUL CUPBOARDS AND HOME WOW
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING AND GETTING ME INSPIRED THIS LONG COLD SNOWY WINTER ON CAPE COD.......WARM HUGS~ KEEP POSTING XO LORRAINE

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH HOW COULD I FORGET MILLIE !!!!!! SHE IS JUST BEAUTIFUL AND LOVING HER NAME....LETS GET BACK TO THOSE OLD NAMES ! THEY BRING SO MUCH BEAUTY TO OUR LIVES ~ HUGS LORRAINE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your great blog. Your farmhouse is amazing, I'll bet it is a dream come true with a lot of hard work. Thanx for sharing. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so beautiful. I hope I never get tired of chippy white paint. Will you tell me where you found your check towels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The "towel" is actually just a piece of fabric I had left over from a pillow I made.

      Delete
  7. Your Millie is sooo adorable...perfect picture to end a pretty post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful ending to a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cabinet is a perfect fit for your home. It looks great. I'm fairly new to your blog but I just noticed the beautiful trim at the top of your doors and windows. I've never seen anything quite like it. It's gorgeous. What a cute little girl too, that's the stuff that really makes your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new white cupboard . . . some things are just meant to be! Love the black bucket stored inside. Look at that hair on Millie! What a pretty baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post
    i really liked

    Crystal X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so pretty, and the new to you cabinet is perfection!! And what a little doll Millie is! How fun! Thank you for sharing!
    Hope your week is wonderful!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty place to visit! Glad I found your blog!

    http://1hopefulyear.blogspot.com/2015/03/old-white-farmhouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing!!! Millie is so beautiful!! Love your blog!
    Hugs.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so amazing tofind something you really want so near to you and have a chance to grab it. it looks awesome.

    Domestic cleaning Ealing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new cupboard's color and design surely fits your house. It looks really nice, and it gives a classic ambiance too. It's nice that you can find things like that on Ebay. You have a really nice taste on furniture, Megan. Great job! :)


    Helene Raymond @ Trade Squad

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post, I really love these images of vintage dressing table with attractive design. If you want to get more information about Vintage Dressing Table visit us now.

    ReplyDelete