Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas In The Dining Room

I never had the time to show our dining room/sitting room area before Christmas but now that all of the holiday hustle and bustle has eased I managed to get some pictures taken.













The large antique water pitcher is a new purchase. I bought it over Thanksgiving break in Brooklyn on Small Business Saturday.  American Express always has incentives on SBS (last year I bought the hemp table runner, seen here but that shop closed sadly) and this year they refunded $10 for every purchase over $10 up to three times. The pitcher was $20 so with the refund it only cost me $10!







I love changing up what I put in the unit Neal built me, this year little ironstone pitchers seemed like the perfect thing.















A new extra large ironstone platter that I just bought for a steal found it's home on my dining room table.







My niece used lanterns as center pieces for her wedding instead of flowers and we all ended up with one. I took one of the white ones (shocking I know) because I knew it would be perfect come Christmas.




I can't believe it is time to take all of the Christmas stuff down already, I feel like I just got it all up:) This December was so busy that I never actually got to enjoy all the decorations. I will definitely be leaving up the pine boughs and all of the greens for a couple more weeks this year.

Over the past four months I haven't slept more than two solid hours with out Millie waking and it was starting to catch up with me. However, Millie only woke for one feeding the last couple of nights so the cob webs in my brain have begun to clear and I feel like a have a new lease on life! I have lots of decorating/renovation ideas that I really hope to get to in the new year so stay tuned! And I got some really amazing gifts for Christmas this year that I can't wait to share with you!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday season, happy new year!



22 comments:

  1. very nice pictures !!! I love the harmony of colors and decoration !!! a happy new year !!! everything from love angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this! I love your farmhouse style. It will still get pinned like crazy. Greens are wonderful for winter decorating. And so nice to hear your babe is sleeping a little longer! Makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So charming! I love it all! Especially the pretty wreath on the rustic chippy board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I could drool over your lovely decor all day!! It is perfect farmhouse style and I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style--simplicity and charm combined. Your home is truly lovely.

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. You continue to inspire me to simplify and beautify.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a charming home...love all your ironstone!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the simple way you display things. It is all very refreshing..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. comme c'est joli chez vous, j'adore votre intérieur, sobre, élégant, discret
    Un bonjour de la France
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a wood burning stove in your kitchen/dining room! I do too and I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

  11. En arribar a aquest dia, no puc deixar de pensar en la infantesa, aquells moments plens de màgia, que tots hem viscut en la nostra infància

    Feliç Dia de Reis ♕ ♕ ♕

    ✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
    . . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
    ……...…♥ •.¸.•´♥……………
    Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com (^‿^)✿ petons

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could so live here :)

    Such a room of holiday rich in history.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your house is so cute. Stopping over from Junk Chic Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sign, though—absolute perfection. What a wonderful gift to receive. Farmhouse 5540 is one of my favorite blogs to peruse, thank you for sharing your home! xo~Amanda, Life On Ely Street

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Christmas planning in dining room. The antique pitcher looks amazing and the idea of using lanterns as centre pieces is unique too. I will hire an event planner to make my hosted Christmas party unique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This information on dining room furniture seems very impressive and this is something that i liked about it.
    Fabfurnish Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Straight to the point, i love it. Dont let anyone stop us bloggers. hop over to this web-site

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greetings, Might I download your photo and utilize it on my personal site? hop over to here

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank for informations, I am extremely impressed you write style. Maximise your storage capacity with a Furniture Artist fitted wardrobe. Choose from our extensive range.

    ReplyDelete