Tuesday, July 15, 2014

$24 Slip Cover

I had mentioned in a previous post that we got my parents couch and matching love seat when they bought a new set. It is a really nice set but the tropical print just wasn't going to work for us. I ordered a slip cover for the couch from the couch manufacturer (Arhaus) a couple of months ago but there was no way I could afford the love seat slip cover also so I was thinking I was probably going to have to make one. And then......


as I was strolling through the Ikea "As Is" room last week I spotted a love seat slip cover for $24! I knew the measurements of the love seat we got from my parents and the reduced Ektorp slip cover was just about the same measurements so I thought it was worth a try. I kept my fingers crossed and couldn't wait to get home and see if it would fit.



And it does! I couldn't believe it, I was so happy! I wasn't going to have to suffer through the frustration and tears of sewing my own!




Hopefully the slip cover for the couch will arrive soon and we will be completely rid of the tropical pattern. With Pinterest being out there I refuse to even show a picture of it:) That cushion piping not lining up on the one cushion is almost keeping me from even showing these pictures!






You may have also noticed that the kitchen table is different. Our kitchen table went to the beautiful home that my niece just moved into. Neal is going to build us a big farmhouse table but it may be awhile till he has a moment to spare so we moved the circle one in for now.












I hope to show the baby's room soon, I have a couple things to finish up first, hopefully before she arrives and not after:) We have been working to try and get Eli's room done also. We haven't been home much lately so it has been hard to get a solid crack at any of the many things we are working on. Neal was able to get the dry wall hung up yesterday in the section of Eli's room where we ripped out the gross and awkward closet. I spent today skim coating the drywall and once I have it sanded and painted Neal is going to build a floor to ceiling closet on the wall with the black pipe. We think the original stairway came down through this ceiling and they closed it off at some point, explaining the big patched area in the ceiling.




I hope to keep you posted on all of our progress....if we make any:)



23 comments:

  1. Your Farm house 5540 is beautiful. You made it happy with all that gold and yes, never thought gold would be Summery, but it is and I love it! The tangerine is awesome and very classy, indeed. Thank you for sharing.
    Have a great weekend.
    House Decoration

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is perfect and I love your beautiful farmhouse! So happy when you find a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is just beautiful! I love the different shades of white...and the slipcover is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! I was in that same dilemma with curtains for my bedroom. Then unpacking I discovered four shower curtains I purchased 20 years ago from Vermont Country Store in a natural twill duck, wonderful material, and that's what I'm using for curtains. So if you ever need a good material for a cover, check that out, they still sell them, $50 apiece. I posted them on my blog. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish the closest Ikea wasn't in Salt Lake City Utah. . . .sheeesh. . . I want to make our main level livingroom into a dining room and have the lower family/diningroom all family room. I just don't know how to blend 2 different sofas. . . Ikea would help me I know. . . love it all Meg. . . I keep looking for the nursery. . . I can't even imagine how out of this world adorable it will be. . . {{{hugs}}} debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such a great job with your home. Cannot wait to see the baby's room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a deal! Did you sew your pillows or purchase them? The neutral pillows you had on your other couch were very nice too. Where did you find them? I can appreciate your simple, but lovely style. Congratulations on your newest blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't make the pillows, the striped ones are from Burlington and the solid white and off white linen ones are from Ikea.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for responding. Is Burlington the town or store that you purchased the pillows from? I have been looking for a more affordable way to have the french ticking look and I think that your natural colored pillows look great and have that same look. Hoping to find some for our farmhouse.

      Delete
    3. Burlington Coat Factory is a local department store, it is kind of like TJMaxx what they have is hit or miss. Their prices are great though, those pillows were only $12 a piece!

      Delete
    4. Wow! That is a great deal. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  8. Awesome score! You would never know it wasn't an ikea love seat...we found all our island chair covers in the "as is" section, $5 each instead of $35...I think they may have been from the store display. You home looks wonderful! ~ C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Megan! Love your farmhouse your are such an inspiration love your style and your ironstone collection I have started my own collection I live in Louisiana so the pickings are slim my son lives in Erie and we visit often I have visited romantique boutique several times love that store! Plan to visit in a few weeks when we come up for a visit I look forward to reading your posts and seeing all of your beautiful pics take care! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Megan! Wow! Fabulous deal on the love seat slipcover - aren't those unexpected finds just the best? Your home is fabulous - love all the white. There is just something about white kitchen cabinets especially, so charming. Have a great week! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Megan! Lovely name and lovely farmhouse - I feel like we may be sister bloggers (same name, same state, farmhouse, etc...) - would love to find a way to connect and maybe work on a few projects together! My blog is www.thecharmingfarmer.com - check it out and let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great find! Your home is so pretty, Megan. I love your photos!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Megan, I try to make it over here as often as I can, the sofa slip looks wonderful and if I could have paid that little trust me I would have put up with a hole in it, I would have washed it to death in hopes the hole would puff up with the denim fray fluff on it and then I would have it looking really rustic. About the welting not lining up on the cushion if you flipped it upside down would the mis-lined welt look better at the bottom next to the base seat of the sofa, is that possible to camaflog it's mishap? And really it shows up way more in a photo pointing it out rather then in person I am sure of that, and knowing your style you could throw a throw on the sofa end in your rustic design to hide it. All and all I could live with it for the price, and to cover such a print of tropical yikes! It would have been a site to see that print in your home?

    Love the setting of your table...so farmhouse looking, but also will be happy to see your planked farmhouse table and how it plays a part of your home decor.

    The sweet baby's room is going to be the best, I really think you are holding back on telling us anything due to some great plans for its sweet farmhouse rustic beauty.

    Hope the reveal is soon:)

    See you then, a beautiful August to you.

    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have given me hope! I am in the same predicament! I think I should pay our Ikea a visit.Getting tired of my brown sofa.Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ordered a slip cover for the couch from the couch manufacturer (Arhaus) a couple of months ago but there ... coversbrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a really nice set but the tropical print just wasn't going to work for us. I ordered a slip cover for the couch from the couch manufacturer ... couchset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog!!! I have the Ikea sofa also in white, would like to change to beige. Could you tell me if that color is the Tygelsjo beige? Oh and your baby is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Insideoutvictoria offers a variety of Slipcovers for Sofas, sofa slipcovers in Toronto & Canada. Our unique slipcover system allows you to change your cover.

    Visit Now - http://insideoutvictoria.com/slipcovered-furniture//

    ReplyDelete
  19. Buy latest sofa covers online in Pakistan with delivery in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Peshawar, Multan, Quetta, Hyderabad, Faisalabad and many other cities.

    ReplyDelete